Patients & Visitors
Daviess Community Hospital is dedicated to delivering professional medical care with a personal touch to make the best experience possible for our patients. This Patient/Visitor information area provides information to help you and those close to you during a hospital stay.
The Information Desk is located inside the main entrance. Attendants are available to assist with room direction and other information.
We understand the importance of visitors for our patients' emotional, mental and spiritual well-being. Family, friends and clergy may visit during the hours listed below. Please be advised, visitors may be asked by staff to leave, especially if a patient needs rest. Any visitor with symptoms or signs of a communicable illness or disease should not visit the hospital. Also, due to infection control guidelines, children under a certain age may not visit specific areas, as indicated below.
General Medical/Surgical Units
Labor and Delivery Unit
- To provide an environment where the patient can be supported by family members during their hospitalization yet allow medical staff to provide the highest level of care, visitors will be allowed in LDR based upon the patient’s condition and at the discretion of the attending physician/nurse in consultation with the patient.
- Additional visitors are welcome to wait in the family lounge area, which is located on the LDR unit.
Acute Rehabilitation Unit
- Visiting hours are tailored to fit the needs of our patients. Please check with the nurse about appropriate visiting hours for your loved one by calling 812.254.8852.
Transitions Behavioral Unit
- In general, visiting hours are limited to daily after 3 p.m. to allow patients to fully participate in their rehabilitation program. Please check with the nurse about appropriate visiting hours for your loved one by calling 812.254.8887.
- Check with the unit regarding visitation hours by calling 812.254.8886.
Visitors are welcome to use the main parking lot in the front of the hospital.
There are several lounges throughout the hospital on the various units. Family and friends of those having surgery may want to stay in the surgery lounge located next to the same day surgery unit.
A customer service representative is available to answer specific financial questions or to receive a payment Monday through Friday off the main lobby of the hospital.
In most cases, cell phones and pagers may be used in the hospital. Please check with the nurse prior to using your mobile device.
The Daviess Community Hospital Campus is smoke-free - no smoking is allowed.
There are several nearby hotels in Washington. Speak with your nurse if you need assistance in finding lodging.
Daviess Community Hospital is committed to improving the health of people who live in our community. If at any time you feel that care is less than excellent, please feel free to contact the Office of Patient Experience for resolution at (812) 254-2760 x 4500. The Chief Patient Experience Officer will work with you to resolve the issue. If you are not satisfied with the resolution, please feel free to contact any member of the Daviess Community Hospital Administration or the organizations listed below.
Indiana State Department of Health
2 N. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Office of Quality and Patient Safety
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181