DCH News Room
Welcome to Daviess Community Hospital’s (DCH) News Room. Our goal is to make accessing DCH facilities and expert medical staff as easy and efficient as possible for members of the media.
Marketing/Public Relations staff is available to assist local, regional and national news media in locating an expert spokesperson, obtaining information on a news item or answering questions about a news release or event.
Media Relations Procedures
The department is available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EST, to schedule interviews, provide condition reports and arrange media visits to the hospital. Call (812) 254-8858 for assistance. For condition reports after hours and on weekends or holidays, call the main hospital at (812) 254-2760 and ask the operator to page the administrator on call.
To best manage media requests, DCH has established the following media guidelines:
- Contact Marketing/Public Relations to arrange all interviews with DCH patients, staff and physicians.
- Advance notice for on-site interviews is necessary so our staff can arrange a room for media interviews or photo shoots, notify the patient care areas involved and schedule the appropriate patients, families and/or staff.
- To protect the privacy of all DCH patients and families, a Marketing/Public Relations staff member must accompany all reporters, film crews and photographers on campus.
- No photographs of, or interviews with, patients can be made without the signed consent of a parent or legal guardian, which will be obtained by a DCH Marketing/Public Relations staff member only.
- A member of the DCH Marketing/Public Relations staff or an Administrator is available for media needs after hours, on weekends and holidays. You may reach that staff member by calling the hospital operator at (812) 254-2760.
- In the event that Daviess Community Hospital will receive patients due to an external disaster (i.e. act of terrorism, plane crash, explosion, chemical spill, multiple vehicle accident, etc.), a media center will be set up. Contact DCH Marketing/Public Relations at (812) 254-8858 or (812) 254-2760 to find out where the center has been established.
Releasing Patient Conditions
Condition reports for a specific patient are available to members of the media by calling (812) 254-8858 during regular business hours or (812) 254-2760 after hours and asking for the Marketing/Public Relations representative on call. Please note that we are unable to release information unless you can provide the patient’s first and last name.
If the patient's name is listed in the DCH Patient Directory, Marketing/Public Relations may release a one-word condition (as defined below) on the patient. If requested, the location of the patient may also be given.
Good – Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
Fair – Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
Serious – Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are questionable.
Critical – Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
Deceased – One word statement only after next-of-kin has been notified.
In the event that Daviess Community Hospital will receive patients due to an external disaster (i.e. act of terrorism, plane crash, explosion, chemical spill, multiple vehicle accident, etc.), a media center will be set up. Contact DCH Marketing/Public Relations at (812) 254-8858 or (812) 254-2760 to find out where the center has been established.
In order to protect patients and employees at DCH, we limit the use of our logo on materials and in electronic communications. Requests to use the hospital logo should be directed to the DCH Marketing/Public Relations Department at (812) 254-8858.
- Please use logo files as-is and as you receive them from us; do not manipulate or stretch the logo proportions or change the colors, font, etc.
- Always display logo on a white background.
- A minimum amount of space should be left blank between the logo and all other graphic elements. The height of our logo's "human flower" gives the minimum amount of clear space you should leave around the logo.